Monday, May 28, 2012

Ghost Bridge

Between the busy interstate and industrial area of Winchester, Van Meter Road stretches out into the quiet farmland. After a couple of miles, the road turns into a gravel drive, at the end of which is a tiny wooden bridge. It straddles the railroad tracks below where it is said that four teenagers jumped to their deaths during a night of partying.
Call me crazy, but I don't think this is quite high enough to kill. Injure, sure! Broken bones, absolutely! But kill? Unless of course the train hit them. I don't know much about the story, and my friend who told me about it is no longer with us. If you know, write me!
There is no shortage of poorly executed graffiti.
After reviewing my photos I ran across something strange I hadn't noticed before... The photos which depict the southern side of the bridge have a fog present that is not there in the others. It was a very clear day.
Kinda weird!

No comments: